The College of Vocational and Technical Education was established in July, 2018 by the Management of Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic. It was created out of the former College of Science and Technology. The College is headed by a Director who is a Chief Lecturer. The College presently has two departments: Department of Education headed by Yaro Umar and Department of Technical Education headed by Sani Barau Kankara. The Management of Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic decided to create this College in order to share with the government of Katsina State and its populace the laudable missions of Technical and Vocational Education and Training. Technical and vocational education and training TVET is referring to those aspects of educational process involving, in addition to general education, the study of technologies and related science and acquisition of practical skills, attitudes, understanding and knowledge relating to occupations in various sectors of economics and social life.
- Commencement of Newly Approved Programmes
- Construction of 1No Block of 6 Offices for the Department of Technical Education, College of Science and Technology
- Procurement of Additional 4No HP Pro 3010 Computers 33No Magnetic Boards with Dusters and 30No. Drawing Boards for the Department Architecture
- Procurement of 33No Magnetic Boards with Dusters and 30No Drawing Board for the Department of Architecture
- Procurement of 19No HP Pro 3010 Computer with Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 320GB HDD. Conditions for Academic Staff Offices